Open Position: Sales ManagerMarch 17, 2022
We are currently seeking an accomplished Sales Manager to manage and oversee all sales and business development efforts. This full-time, mid-level management position will serve as the primary relationship owner for newly acquired client accounts. The Sales Manager will contribute to and execute the sales plan to increase company profit and motivate employees to achieve sales goals.
Excellent proposal development, presentation, and negotiating skills are needed to succeed in this role. The Sales Manager must demonstrate expertise in gaining access and selling to the mid to senior-level decision-makers to ensure a deep enough understanding of clients’ individual experiences to head off potential issues before they become problems.
Savance is a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging software company located in Commerce, MI. We take a very collaborative approach to our work and seek candidates who are the right cultural and technical fit to ensure our core mission of creating and supporting great software is realized. To excel at Savance, you must love to be challenged, seek out opportunities to develop your skills, be confident yet humble and be able to learn from your mistakes. We thrive on smart, independent, and initiative-taking people who get along well with others. We expect a lot from our team, but a lot is offered in return. If you have a can-do attitude and seek a challenging, rewarding position with a great team, Savance is the place for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales Manager’s Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Begin as an individual contributor with near-term advancement to Director level.
- Build and manage a sales team. Recruit and hire sales staff.
- Build and maintain a consistently strong pipeline.
- Align Savance’s overall solution to customers’ business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Establish and manage sales budget
- Identify new and emerging markets
- Provide a consultative sales approach to clients
- Work closely with marketing to generate leads in trade shows, partnerships, mail and phone campaigns, on and off-line marketing collateral.
- Develop and execute the sales plan to achieve sales targets
- Establish sales goals and forecasting processes. Provide ongoing status updates to leadership
- Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals
- Create compensation plans and design commission plans to incent the needed behavior.
- Monitor market and competitor activity
- Log sales activity in HubSpot CRM
- Attend TradeShows
- Plan and execute in-person sales trips
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and/or marketing. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience as a direct contributor carrying an individual quota.
- Experience in software sales business models is preferred but not required, proficient in concepts around cloud and infrastructure.
- Prior experience building a sales and business development team.
- Experience managing and directing the entire sales cycle from beginning to close.
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and team-building skills and techniques are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: writing, editing, and presenting.
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans.
- Proven history of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly goals for a B2B organization.
- Attentive to forecasting and business reporting responsibilities.
- Previous experience with HubSpot is preferred
- Proficiency in using Google Docs
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Base salary plus performance commission – On target earnings: $150,000
- Flexible working schedule
- Ability to work from home
- Drinks and snacks provided by Savance
- Casual attire
- Company-funded social functions
MAIN OFFICE LOCATION:
Our office is located at the address below; however, this position has the option of being a 100% remote position.
2655 E. Oakley Park Rd. Ste 210. Commerce Township, MI 48390
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Jason Plasencia