Open Position: Software Technical WriterJanuary 30, 2021
The Software Technical Writer role will be responsible for making technical specs for new features and software changes, user guides, setup instructions, instruction manuals, online training material, release notes, how-to guides, and quick reference articles for the Savance Enterprise product line. This role reports directly to the Director of Software Development.
Savance is a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and demanding environment but also a fun and rewarding place to work. We are very much a team and seek candidates who are the right fit with the right attitude to bring even greater success and camaraderie to the table. To excel at Savance, you must love to be challenged, seek out opportunities to develop your skills, be confident yet humble, and be able to learn from your mistakes. We thrive on smart, independent, and self-motivated people who get along well with others. We expect a lot from our team but a lot is offered in return. We have frequent performance bonuses, plenty of snacks stocked in the breakroom, a casual dress code, an Xbox One on a 70″ screen to decompress on breaks or after work, and —most importantly— consistent recognition for a job well done. If you have a can-do attitude and seek a challenging, rewarding position with a great team, Savance is the place for you!
- Research the subject matter, understand its functionality, and interview team members to create the software documentation
- Work with the team and customers to come up with an optimum solution for new additions to the software.
- Write specifications and user stories describing the details and use/test cases for any new software additions. The specifications will need to be as detailed as possible and ready for the development team to start developing without much need for research.
- Work with the UI/UX designer and the development team to get optimum screen designs and include them in the specifications.
- Help writing release notes.
- Test new changes and any bug fixes.
- Help with managing projects and documenting processes.
- Write documentation for new software changes.
- Participating in daily scrum meetings.
- Working in an agile environment/
- Creating how-to videos to complement documentation.
- Creating eLearning courses.
- Creating and managing online documentation.
- Submitting the software documentation for technical review.
- Working on many documents at once.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as English, Computer Science, Computer Programming, IT, or Communications.
- Prior experience in a technical field, experience working with software products, or familiarity with technical writing processes, business writing, and other disciplines.
- $50-65k salary based on experience
- Bonuses based on performance
- 2 weeks of paid time off
- 8-10 paid holidays a year
- 401k w/ employer match
- Group Healthcare plan with employer contribution
- Flexible working schedule
- Ability to work from home
- Drinks and snacks provided by Savance
- Casual attire
- Company-funded social functions
MAIN OFFICE LOCATION:
Our office is located at the address below; however, this position has the option of being a 100% remote position.
2655 E. Oakley Park Rd. Ste 210. Commerce Township, MI 48390
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Jason Plasencia